AOG-Clan Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AOG-Clan Official Forum

Army of God Clan Official Forum

First time here? Or been awhile? Please check out the Welcome Post First!!!!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some details from playing BFBC2

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Some details from playing BFBC2 Empty Some details from playing BFBC2 Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:40 am

[AOG]_Kerstov

[AOG]_Kerstov
Admin

Well, for those who haven't really played BFBC2 yet. Here's some things that go on in the online world of BFBC2. (Too bad I don't have any personal videos. Sad )

Note: This is a part rant/informatory topic I just made. lol

Auto-heal
It's not like a really fast auto heal that anyone gets, it just slowly heals you over time. Medics still play the important roll of throwing medic packs in your face. Not sure if BFBC had it, don't throw avocados at me.

UAV!
It's fun. It's remote controlled. And it's a tiny little helicopter full of uberness. What's more fun than calling down a missile from the sky to kill that tank whore, or even do "roadkill" by hitting that sniper you just hate. And if you get Alternate Weapon Specialization, it can get a machine gun on it. Shocked

Team Killing:
I've heard about it being a big problem on the first BFBC, and well it is fixed on BFBC2. They turned offfriendly fire completely, so that's some good news. It's fun to see noobs waste all their precious ammo on you and then get shot down with no chance.

There's actually only one way that I know of that teamkills happen: Destruction 2.0. So, be careful if your allies are in a building, it will cause you points if you collapse it on them.

Unlocks!:
Yep. Lots of unlocks. Don't get your hopes up entirely, some unlocks are almost worthless. They will be the most unused and weakest guns. Not all, but there are some. Other than that, you will get beautiful guns like the ?16, ?60 (ugh)
G3, Modified M14 (They should have stuck to the original M14.) and some more fun stuff.

Game Modes:
There's four game modes. And one somehow ended up unannounced.

Conquest:
Yep, the old conquest mode continues of course. The flags seem to have a massive area of effect. In other words, you can be pretty far from some flags and still take it. Other than that, good old COnquest. Never let us down.

Rush:
Instead of gold, like I heard the first one has, it's M-COM stations. Defenders have infinite respawn, attackers get 75 lives for each 2 M-Coms they destroy. Defenders get about 5 bases (hope it's five). And each map will give different vehicles (sometimes none for defenders).

3-ways to take out M-COM stations. Blow the crap out of it with tons of explosions, collapse a building on top of it, or set the charge and guard it.

Squad Rush:
Okay, it's the same basic thing as Rush, except on a smaller level and there's 2 squads. It's 1 squad vs 1 Squad in a Rush Mode style and the maps were made a bit smaller to work with this mode.

Squad Deathmatch:
Yes, I did post a video of it somewhere. It's a Squad vs Squad vs Squad vs Squad death match. They close off most of the map and set the 4 squads in a tiny area to fight each other. There's 4 random spawn areas, and then there's the option to spawn on squad. A APC will be put in the middle of the map so it ca nbe anyones, as long as you get to it first.

Balance Issues:
There are some balance issues in this game. Especially with servers. When servers change, they automatically put you on the Russian or US Army (depending what you were the previous round.) US one round, Russian the next. Why is that bad you ask? Because players are never switched at any time between loading servers. So, one team will have nothing but all unlocks, "uber skill", and their M95 sniper "skills", while the other team will just be sitting there getting raped and have no chance at all.
It would have been nice if they stuck to Modern Combat features.

It turns out Squad Death Match has balance issues too. I was playing it and I realized at the end my whole squad left. I was the only person in my squad and the other 3 squads were full of people. Game ends, new game starts. Same suqads, same people. I'm alone in my squad still, and getting raped by 12 people.

Snipers for everyone!:
Turns out, you can make atleast one gun from any kit a sniper, or close to one. Oroginal sniper shots do arc, yes, but not when it comes to the accuracy from Assault, Engineer, Medic, or the All-Kits weapons.
Example: Shotgun-sniping? Sounds insane, right? It happens. The NeoStead 2000 combat shotgun (All kit, but a rank unlock), with slugshut ammo, and Magnum round specializating. I can snipe anyone nearly a mile away with this gun in one shot, maybe two. Holy crape!

Night Time
Yes, the time of day gets it's own section in this. When you go to play in the middle of the night or something. There will be a lot less people in servers. And for some reason it seems like more people are pulling BS at night. How? I don't know.

Hardcore Mode
Played it today. And it as well...hardcore.
This is all that happens in Hardcore mode:

Guns hit harder. People die faster.
Your minimap is taken off your HUD.

No Spotting people. That means no magical arrows on your screen giving away enemy positions. (But you see your ally arrows. scratch )

Crosshairs are taken away (except for shotguns), and using your sights/scopes is a must.
You're not

Ammo/magazines HUD is taken away.

Auto-heal is turned off as well.

"Your Killer" camera after your death is turned off as well.

Overall it's good, but beware of snipers. They love hardcore mode as far as I've seen.

2Some details from playing BFBC2 Empty Re: Some details from playing BFBC2 Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:48 pm

AOG-Gideon

AOG-Gideon
Admin

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum